February 15, 2023 – The Public Interest Law Center is seeking a qualified and experienced fundraising event planner to manage the execution of the Law Center’s Annual Event, to be held in Philadelphia in the fall of 2023. The Event Planner’s scope of services should include concept development, event planning, assistance with event sponsorships and fundraising strategies, event production budget management and overall event management coordination, including day-of-event coordination needs.
Read the full request for proposals here. Proposals are due March 1, 2023
The Law Center’s Annual Event is our signature annual fundraising event, with up to 300 attendees. The funds raised from our Event support the Law Center’s legal work, advocacy, and programming throughout the year. It is the Law Center’s most visible and largest fundraising event of the year.
The Event features a cocktail reception and an awards program honoring individuals, law firms who championed our work, and our beloved clients who partner with us to make an impact. We recognize them with the Thaddeus Stevens Awards. The award winners have not been selected for the 2023 event yet.
The Event Planner will be expected to provide all services necessary and appropriate to manage and execute the 2023 Event, including but not limited to the services (“Services”) detailed herein. This list is therefore not meant to be exhaustive. The event planner will be a partner and collaborator with Law Center Development staff in execution of these services:
- Venue selection; make contact with potential venues and coordinate visits
- Development of a theme and implementation of the concept
- Participate in calls with the Law Center Events Host Committee
- Prepare detailed budget; manage budget throughout
- Identify vendors, supervise bids and negotiate contract terms
- Work with graphic designer and Law Center team to develop visual design and representation of event theme; supervise invitation design and production
- Coordinate food and beverage menu selections
- Assist with securing entertainment and coordinate rehearsals as needed
- Manage all logistical details related to day-of-event needs around seating cards/name tags, staffing plan, production of signage/banners, AV/video production needs, event set up and break down
- Fundraising—strategic partnership in securing sponsorships and auction items as needed
In responding to our RFP please provide us with the following:
- A C.V./resume of your event planning/event management experience
- Two references who can speak to your skills and abilities in running a successful event
- A brief paragraph on why the mission of the Law Center aligns with your desire to manage our annual event
- Share your vision of what constitutes a successful event in general and what you bring to the table that realizes that vision
- Cost of Services
For any questions about this RPF, please reach out to Dena Driscoll, Chief Development and Communications Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.